So since I decided to do photography as a business, I haven't had much luck. I'm not entirely sure HOW to promote the business or advertise... I've tried Craigslist and I have had 3 paying jobs.
Two came from craigslist, and the other was a referral from one of the craigslist clients. But my last job was forever a long time ago. I don't WANT to give up, but as of right now, I am not seeing any options. Creating a business takes money. And I just don't have that money to spare, unfortunately. I try. But things come up, and then the money that I had saved for more equipment needs to be spent.
I do have one more job coming up in a little less than a month... Shooting a video for my co-workers sisters wedding. Fun stuff. But nothing I can use in my portfolio. I've tried offering special deals and in my opinion, the prices that I do have regularly are very fair and accommodating in this economy.
So where do I go from here? Any tips/suggestions? I will take them, gladly!
Hey Jessica, I think it's awesome that you have had real jobs! Craigslist is a weekly ad, so I would post everyday of the week & continue each ad every week. That way it will be seen everyday if someone is looking. Don't forget to post your website in each ad. What about fliers? I know it can be expensive but maybe just one time print out a few hundred & put them EVERYWHERE! Once you have a bunch of jobs under your belt, then your name will spread by word of mouth! I'll keep you in mind if I hear anything. I love your website btw! And your shots are beautiful! Don't forget to advertise your site here! No matter how many followers you have...don't forget how many YOU follow! If someone (nosey like me) clicks on your picture on another blog - and it leads them to your blog - then they could see your website! You should make a button for your site! Sorry to blab down here :)
ReplyDelete