Dustin and I started out our weekend by going to the Dollar Tree and Jewel. Picked up a few things from both places and it started POURING on us while out. So we were both soaking wet by the time we got home. Saturday, Samantha slept in til about 10am (YES!) and I got ready to go meet Miss Ann Marie for lunch! So much fun! Then Dustin and I went on a DATE! Yes, a DATE! A real, honest date! We went to dinner at Chilis where I got myself a yummy drink that made me feel pretty buzzed and then headed out to the movies. Hot Tub Time Machine. It was funny. After all that, we got to spend some "us" time together :-) Sunday morning woke up around 10am AGAIN! Yippeeee! We got ourselves up and ready for the day before picking up Miss Samantha at my parents house. Yes, she got to have a sleep over with grandma and papa. She had a lot of fun. It was so nice to spend some time with Dustin, just the two of us. It was very much needed.
Yesterday, my mommy had surgery. She is recovering well at the hospital still until tomorrow sometime. Also, I realized yesterday that my niece doesn't like me very much. Yeah, she sure loves me, and yeah, sometimes she wants to be by me, but sometimes she is just downright MEAN.
She has a boo-boo on her head, and I was trying to see and I gave it a kissy... she slapped me across the face! OUCH! So she got a good "NO HITTING" talk and then I forgave her :-) Of course. We went downstairs and picked out a balloon for grandma (yeah, we were at the hospital when this all happened!) and then we went to get lunch. When we were back upstairs, she sat next to me and Auntie shared some fries with her. Then she got her beloved bag of cheetos. enough said? maybe not.
So anyways, she is sitting there eating those yummy, cheesy, delicious looking cheetos, and I asked her for one. "NO". oh. hmm... So my mom asked for one, and off she goes. There you go gramma! And my dad asks for one... There you go papa. I ask for another one. Nope. She would NOT share. So papa asked for some more and then made a show of "sharing". She got MAD and wanted them BACK! Anyways, I ate them and they were delicious.
So my sister was getting ready to leave and I asked for a hug and kiss. No. Oh. Well then. So mom gets a hug and kiss and Cassie tells Mariah they are not leaving til she gives me a hug and a kiss (at this point, I was getting my feelings really hurt and why would I WANT a hug from someone being forced to do it!) But then Mariah starts running to me and I think oh yay! Here comes my hug! yeah. No. She ran straight up to me and HIT ME! So needless to say, she got time out and another talking to. But I'm thinking I need to spend some one on one time with my gorgeous niece.
Yay for dates! :)
ReplyDelete