Thursday, May 27, 2010

California!

I am so overwhelmed, and so excited at the same time.

I mean, I have plenty of time to plan and organize and get all the details sorted through, but I am going to CALI! I am so freaking excited. I've never been to California and I've never been on a plane. Dustin has never been to California and he has never been on a plane. This should be interesting...

But the plane tickets are purchased. We are going to be in the very sunny, very hot, California September 10 thru the 19th. Not enough time if you ask me, but it's better than no time at all. I am so excited to see my Aunt Cindy, Aunt Betty, Aunt Theresa, Uncle Jim and all the cousins I have there. Samantha will have lots of play dates with the little ones I am sure, and I know Aunt Cindy and Aunt Betty are thrilled to spend some time with her. And we return the feeling. :-)

But as far as planning goes, thats about all we have decided. The days we are going. There is so much to do there, so I'm forseeing lots of conversations about different things we will try to do while there.

I would love to go to Las Angeles (HOLLYWOOD!) and San Diego. Both are a little trip from where we are staying, but I think (from what I see on the maps) they should both be doable. There is also Disney Land and Sea World... so much fun! I am still trying to figure out how we are going to get Samanthas stuff there (her car seat, stroller, pack n play, high chair, etc.) but I think we will be okay... Then I have to worry about toys, clothes, extra clothes, and extra extra clothes. Although I suppose we will have access to a washer and dryer if for some reason she goes through all the clothes that I do bring. ah. oh well. Anyways, I am so excited! I have been sooo excited all day since purchasing the plane tickets and I have spent more than enough time on the phone with the airline trying to figure out what we can bring ON the plane, and how this all works (traveling with a child). They were beyond helpful at Southwest Airlines :-) The lady I spoke with made every attempt to try to ease my mind and explain how everything works.

Anyways, thats about it for now... I'm sure you will hear more about my upcoming trip throughout the next few months!

This is going to be our FIRST family vacation :-)
(If you don't count the trip we took to see my grandpa, which I guess was a vacation, but it was only for a few days, so I don't count it as much as I do this one!)

anyways, thanks for reading! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. HEY! That sounds awesome! How exciting... Cali & your first plane ride! (ride? flight? whatever) LOL... can't wait to hear more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have access to a washer/dryer...don't overpack! You can check in the car seat/stroller/pack n play (but if you are staying in a hotel, then you can borrow one of theirs just bring your own crib sheet), you won't need a high chair (use a lap to feed her, has always worked for us). Let me know if you need help or have other questions (we traveled to Hawaii with Kaelyn when she was 10 months old).

    ReplyDelete

Give me some love!