Monday, June 28, 2010

Project Number 2

This is a "half way done project". I say that because even though I did everything I wanted to do, and even more so far, it still doesn't look quite right. These projects were meant to be fun, EASY ways to make Samanthas room look more "Samantha". Anyways, this is what I started out with:
Photobucket
and then opened:
Photobucket
Hmm... that fabric is looking pretty foldy and creasey. So we took out the iron:
Photobucket
Better.

We then put the fabric over the front of the board
Photobucket
and used a stapler to staple the sides:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Be careful to make the corners look good!
Photobucket
Sometimes it took 2 of us. Thank you dad for helping!
Photobucket
Trimmed the excess fabric from the back:
Photobucket
And I got 2 matching boards that look pretty good:
Photobucket
The plan was to use ribbon on the front, but it didn't work exactly as planned and I ended up using very thin rope-like elastic:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the "semi-finished product"
Photobucket

My mom found some buttons and pretty stuff that we are going to try decorating with:
Photobucket

So I shall let you know how that goes. But for now, it will work for what I have in mind, which YOU will find out as soon as I get the chance to work on her room!


7 comments:

  1. Great idea. Thanks for the tutorial and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!! That is such a great idea. I can't wait to see it all finished and up on the wall. I'm also glad that no one lost a finger...hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I LOVE this!! I'm SO not crafty but I think I could do something like this for Natalie's room! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that! I might have to try something like it for Parker's room.

    BTW, I'm following you. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats really nice! I love to make crafts..but with 2 kids its a little hard ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I love this! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica that is sooo cute, what a great idea! I am so so so NOT a crafty person. Maybe I am just lazy? But that looks great - I can't wait til you post the finished picture!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some love!