Friday, July 9, 2010

Flashback Friday!

This post is as hard to write as it is to actually publish.
This, my dear blogging friends, is never before seen footage.

of the day my daughter was born.

I am going to share the most personal, emotional moment of my life, because... well, it's just TOO special to keep to myself. It's actually kinda selfish if you think about it.

But first, I wanted to share my birth story:
This was written on March 29th 2009. 4 days after my daughter was born.

Tuesday afternoon (March 24), I had an ultrasound appt. to check her weight. During the ultrasound, they found that I only had 4cm of fluid when there should have been between 8 and 20. The dr. said it wasn't safe to continue the pregnancy, so I was sent to labor and delivery to be induced.

I got to labor and delivery just before 2pm. They hooked me up to the moniters and we waited until 4pm before they gave me the cervadil. Then there was a 12 hour wait before they started the pitocin. Around 4 am they allowed me to get out of bed and shower. I had an hour to shower and just walk around a little bit before they started the pitocin to induce labor. That was started at 5am. Throughout the day, I was having regular contractions but was not dialating at all. I was supposed to get the epidural, but not until I started dialating. Since it took so long and there was nothing happening, they gave it to me anyways. BEST THING EVER!!!

They waited until about 6pm before deciding they were going to go ahead with a c-section. I was scared, but happy to be done with the labor pains. They gave me some stuff through the epidural to numb me for the c-section. Dustin and I were finally going to be parents! While he got scrubbed up, they prepped me for surgery. Down in the OR, I was so numb, I couldn't feel a thing. They put up a sheet to block what they were doing and Dustin was sitting up by my head. The dr. started tugging on stuff and all I felt was a tugging pressure feeling.

Then she said her head was coming out! It was so weird not being able to move or anything, but sooo worth it! After she was out and stable, they asked Dustin if he wanted to go see her. He went to the corner of the room where they were cleaning her up and taking her footprints. He took lots of pictures, and then brought the camera back to show me. He looked so proud and happy. They brought her over to me and let me kiss her head before bringing her to the nursery.

Dustin went with her while I was stitched and cleaned up. They brought me to recovery for an hour, where I had severe shaking. I was so glad once that stopped. All I wanted was to see my baby girl. Dustin came back down to recovery and showed me some more pictures from the nursery. They wheeled me down to the mother/baby floor and all our family were waiting for us. They got me into bed and after about a half hour they brought me my beautiful baby girl.

She weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. She is absolutely gorgeous! The moment she was placed in my arms was absolutely the best moment in my life.


I hope you enjoyed my story. Please, enjoy the videos.

*disclaimer* Please keep in mind that I was very drugged and completely loopy at the time these videos were taken. please don't judge me by these videos!!!

This video is from when we announced her name. Her name wasn't decided on until we were at the hospital and I was in labor.



We decided on the name Samantha Madison because, honestly, we couldn't decide between Samantha and Madison. We decided that Samantha Madison sounded better then Madison Samantha. So there ya have it. Nothing too special I suppose. She wasn't named after anyone dearly special in our lives or anything like that.

This next video is from when she was placed in my arms for the first time...

Pretty self explanatory.

Flashback Friday Button

4 comments:

  1. im your newest follower from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Thats so awesome that you shared this with everybody. Thats such a personal moment, holding your baby for the first time.

    And boy did you have a party of people in your room, or what?? I would have gone crazy with that many people around me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious...........thanks for sharing! God bless,Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. OhMyGooosh Jessica you have me crying!! I'm sitting on the couch & my family thinks I'm crazy, lol!
    You look like you've been a mother forever in that second video!!!
    Sooo sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Give me some love!