And it’s snowing! What a fun and joyous time of the year! I love December. It just makes me happy.
But first, I wanted to post about Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for… a healthy, wonderful family. A job that I do not absolutely hate. A roof over my head, and food on my table. I truly have so much to be thankful for.
Thanksgiving was a blast. We spent the day with my parents, sister and niece. And my grandma came over for a little while too! And while I took the cutest pictures of my little turkey girl, they are still on my camera and since I’m stuck at work, I can’t do anything about that now. So pictures will come soon. After dinner with my parents, we headed back home to where all of Dustin’s family was. We hung out for a little while and took care of our Christmas Secret Santa drawing. I’m thrilled with who we chose this year, and am planning on having lots of fun shopping for them!
Christmas shopping… we are DONE! With Samantha at least! And my niece. We still need to buy for everyone else though. Sounds easy enough, right? Yeah, not so much.
But at least I can share a few of the things we got for Samantha!!! It’s mostly clothes and little dollar item stuff, like some new Elmo plates and bowls! Or a Kazoo! And there is also a new coloring book, an Elmo car seat cover, and a few other things :-) We decided she doesn’t really need much this year… she is still so young and doesn’t really know the difference. She will enjoy it just the same, plus I already KNOW that she is getting spoiled rotten by grandma and papa.
Okay, on to some other topics… like BABY stuff! This baby will be here before I know it, and I’m definitely nesting now! I have been cleaning out the room, and Dustin has been deep cleaning our rooms, so we can make space for the baby. I’ve been keeping busy trying to get as prepared as possible. I have been going through clothes, trying to figure out what we still need, and making a mental shopping list. I made a gift registry at Wal-Mart that is being used as the “mommy, we need to have this before I get here” list! haha. There are a few extras on there, but it’s mostly the necessities.
We have been given so much already. I have tote bins FULL of clothes ranging from newborn to 2T. Most of it is 0-3 and 3-6 and 2T though. Not really too much in between. But there is some. And some is better than none!!! My next project will be to get all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes all washed and put away in his dresser!
I have been going through babynames.com trying to come up with a list of name options as well. We are not actually choosing a name until he gets here, but we want to have a list of options for when the time comes. So far, I have 10 names on my list, and no, I will not share what they are!!! Everyone will get to be surprised when he gets here! My family is not thrilled about the fact that we won’t even share our name option list, but oh well. Particularly, my mom and sister. :-) But they will find out soon enough… This little one should be making his debut in just 2 months :-)
I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going compared to Samantha’s. And just how different they really are. I was blessed to not have morning sickness for either pregnancy, but this time around I was feeling more nauseous. And there is definitely a lot more back pain. And just pain in general. Contractions have already started, but nothing consistent. And the Dr. doesn’t seem concerned at all. I am still going to have ultrasounds every month, and my blood sugars have been crazy. They have changed my medications so many times. I think I might finally be on the right dosage… at least for now. As the baby gets bigger, the amount of insulin he needs from my body goes up. And since my body doesn’t make much insulin, my medication needs to be increased to keep me at safe levels.
At my last ultrasound, they told me he was weighing in at 2 pounds, 13 ounces. He is already so big! And he just keeps growing!!! My next ultrasound is scheduled for next Monday, so I will have new pictures to share then. But for now, here are a couple from my last session.
His profile
Can you see his little foot below?
These were taking at 27 weeks, 4 days.
And this picture was taken literally 2 minutes ago…
Hope you all enjoyed my updates!!! Sorry it was so picture-less and boring. Hopefully I’ll have something exciting for you all soon!!!
Ohhhh, I miss being pregnant! He's got a gorgeous profile, too! Congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet him! I'm glad the post was so long! Even though we talk a few times a week, I feel like I still learned a lot from reading this. :)
ReplyDeleteYour bump looks so cute! And even though I knew when you're due, hearing 30 weeks really brings it into perspective, you're almost there!!! Yay!
Oh My Gosh!! That first picture - he looks just like Samantha!! And you look great :)
ReplyDeleteLove that your little girl is getting Elmo stuff for Xmas. It's going to be an Elmo Xmas at our house this year too! :)
ReplyDeletewow! congrats sis!! :)
ReplyDeletei am also your follower now ;)