Wednesday I woke up really early with excruciating pain in my bladder. haha. it really hurt. Anyways, I went to the bathroom and it definitely reminded me of a urinary Tract Infection. So I called the dr to see if I should come in and they said yes. Set me up an appt for the afternoon and between the morning and afternoon, I drank an entire bottle of cranberry juice. It really helps! anyways, I was feeling a bit better by the time i made it to the dr, thanks to the cranberry juice. When I got there, they did the test to see if it was an infection and then told me I DID NOT HAVE ONE. Crazy. She said I was having the pain because I was de-hydrated. I am sorry. I have been dehydrated before. and it has never caused me THIS much pain.
But I just shrugged it off and went home with her instructions to drink more water. Anyways, by the time I got home, the pain was really bad again, so I sucked it up and drank more water. by the time Samanthas bed time came around, there was a bit of blood too. well, thats not good. So we put her to bed and Dustins mom watched Samantha so we could head to the ER. When I got there, they didn't seem to listen to me correctly, they assumed I meant BLEEDING, bleeding and pretty much were rushing me through registration. By the time I explained what the bleeding really was (in my pee), they slowed down and then it took some time to get completely back there.
But as soon as they put me in a "waiting area" they took blood and urine for testing. As soon as I got back into a regular room, the nurse came in, and what do ya know? I have a very SEVERE UTI. At this point, I am soooo mad at my dr. because if they would have just caught it in the office, I wouldn't be in the er at midnight on a work night with a 100 dollar co-pay coming. What a waste of money. But at least they gave me the meds I need and now today i am finaly STARTING to feel better.
the dr. also did a "off the charts" ultrasound, meaning that she did it herself, it wasn't by an US technician and it wasn't to measure anything. But we did get to see baby #2 flipping and moving around and we did get to see a strong heartbeat! So I was happy about that!
Anyways, thats my story. Thanks for listening!!!
Which Dr are you seeing this time? That completely blows about your co-pay. :( Hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteWHY in the world did the dr NOT catch this? I hope you called them up & complained about the hassle & pain they put you through!
ReplyDelete