Tuesday, August 3, 2010

eh - it's just a "random" update

It has been so long since i have given a "real" update. So here it is.

Samantha is sooo smart. I swear. She's just the cutest little girl I know. She knows some of her animal sounds now, but we're working on more. She will (most of the time) listen when we ask her to do something, and she remembers where she puts things! Yes, if she is walking around with her little baby and she leaves her by the stairs, hours later if you ask her where her baby is, she will run straight to her and get it. How such a small child can have such a great memory is beyond me, but I think she needs to share some of that great memory with mommy. Seriously. I can't remember anything anymore.

The pregnancy is going good. Still kinda tired, but much better than it was before. I am 11 weeks, 2 days, so I'm sooo close to the 3 month mark. cannot wait for the first trimester to be over. I'm hoping I get a burst of energy so I can keep up with the big sister. She runs around the house like crazy and ALWAYS wants to be outside! She is constantly pointing at the door and saying "peeese". That is, by the way, the cutest thing ever. She now says "please" whenever she wants something, and it comes out as "peas". Outside, she is as happy as can be and loves running around in the backyard trying to play with the dog. It's the cutest thing. She will find Lyla's toy and pick it up, carry it around the yard and eventually "throw" it for her. It usually lands on her feet, and the dog doesn't seem to WANT to play with her, but I think thats a good thing.
lyla
I know that Lyla would NEVER hurt her intentionally, but you never know what might happen if she got too excited while playing. But I do have a lot of faith in the dog. She seems to know when it's safe to "play" and when it's not. She's a big dog.

Anyways, Samantha is such a great eater, and I love some of the things that she eats. For example: cucumber slices. Fresh out of the backyard garden. She loves them. Salad, with just a touch of ranch dressing. She loves it. Broccoli. I think this must be her favorite. Green beans. Another favorite. fruit. she could eat it all day. She loves going to the backyard and finding the blueberry bushes. She sits and points at them until you grab her a few. Then when they are gone, she goes back for more. When we told her no more, she would go sit in front of the strawberry patch. (Not so much anymore, those are all gone now). She loves her fruit though. And seriously. Pasta. She loves her pasta. See how much she loves her pasta?
Photobucket
Yeah. She totally picked up her plate and licked it when it was all gone.

And for dessert most night: popsicle/freezer pop. She loves them.
popsicle

Yeah, I think that about does it. I'm sure there is more, since this ended up mostly being about food. But I'll save more for another day.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Samantha is ADORABLE! And is Lyla a boxer? They are such great dogs. I am so happy your pregnancy is going well... yeah once you get out of that first tri it's sooo much better. Oh guess what??? You are my 100th follower! head on over to http://lovelylifeofleah.blogspot.com! and e-mail me your address I have a very very special package to send you and your little girl will love it too!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some love!