Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm on the hunt!

For BOY clothes. And a swing.

We've got everything else covered. I had a swing when Samantha was born, but I borrowed it from my sister and when we were done with it, I gave it back. She has since given it away to a friend of hers who just had a baby a couple weeks ago. So I am going to need a new one. At least it gives me an excuse to have something new for this baby! haha.

We still had the car seat/stroller, crib, and other big stuff from Samantha and it's all gender neutral so we can re-use it. We just need another crib mattress since Samantha will be using hers for her new big girl bed.

So I signed up this afternoon on freecycle and also have been checking craigslist. I'm sorry, but when i think craigslist, i think of... cheap.

I found a post that said this person had tons of baby boy clothes, so i emailed her. She emailed me back and said she had tons of stuff and would sell them for... get this.... 5-20 dollars EACH! I think thats ridiculous for USED baby clothes, but I guess whatever floats her boat right? I'll just keep looking elsewhere.

I have been picking up things here and there as well. So far we have the "coming home outfit" which I will have to post pictures of soon! And a couple other outfits i found on clearance. My bestest friend also got me a couple cute outfits and I know my parents have been picking stuff up as Christmas gifts for the baby.

Money is tight for us right now, so picking things up as we go seems to be the way to do it. Plus, we still have... well... less than 4 months! ouch! haha.

I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going compared to with Samantha. Her's seemed to take FOREVER and this one is FLYING! The pregnancy is going great. The dr. put me on the same medicine that I was on with Samantha for the diabetes. It seems to be working well. I am having a lot more back pain this time around than before, but hopefully it doesn't get any worse than it already is.

Samantha is getting sooo big! And I have tons of new pictures. I've really been a slacker on pictures. I still haven't even transferred the ones from the rest of our vacation to my computer yet! I really need to do that. Sounds like a project for this weekend. Lots of picture posting on facebook and lots of blog writing and picture posting on here.

I am also going to go with my mom this weekend to see if we can find some garage sales with some baby stuff. I love baby shopping. It's sooo much fun! I just wish I could afford it a little more than I actually can.

I was able to pick up a GREAT deal on a Graco double stroller. Brand new, in the box, never put together... for $35.00 at the local Goodwill store. They STILL sell it at Target and they are selling them for $139.99. I got an awesome deal!

I still need to take pictures of everything that I have "aquired", but maybe that can be added to the agenda for this weekend!

Work is going great, I got a "promotion" if you can call it that. On top of doing what I'm already doing, I will also be doing the purchasing for parts in our lab. So thats exciting.

Last weekend, I went to the pumpkin patch with a group of great friends and we had a blast! There will be a new post coming up very soon about that! It will be loaded with pictures, so keep a lookout!!!

Thats all for now folks. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I just left you a comment and then blogger ate it.

    But what I said was, haha..

    Craigslist can be SUCH a pain. Have you tried looking at childrens consignment shops? Are there any in your area? There are two of them here in our small town, but I would have never known about them, had I not checked the internet or heard from a friend. It might be worth looking into, if you haven't already??

    and CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Gosh I love my little boy. It really is such a different bond that a mother has with her son.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some love!