The time is flying by. 5 months already. My baby is almost half a year old! It's amazing. When I was pregnant, the time went so slow. The weeks just ticked by. And now that she is here, it's like time has sped up times 10. It's just so unreal. I can't believe how fast she is learning things, and how often she is doing new things.
I sometimes miss my tiny baby girl, that would just lay in my arms, content to stare into my eyes. I could just stare back and talk to her. Kiss her. Love her. Now I hold her in my arms, and she wiggles and squirms. She wants to play. She still stares into my eyes and we have great bonding time as she nurses, but it's just not as often as it used to be. I love that she likes to play though. She gets so excited, and it's the greatest feeling in the world. Seeing her so happy. She is laughing regularly now. She loves when daddy puts his head on her stomach. She pulls his hair and laughs like there is nothing funnier in the world. She likes to be tickled, and she has a ticklish spot now.
She is the master at toe eating. Her toes or fingers are almost always in her mouth, and now she has discovered her blankets can go in there too. When she goes down for bed, she lays there and plays with her blanket and eventually falls asleep. She puts all her toys in her mouth, and chews on everything. She is fascinated by hands. You can hold your hand in front of her and she watches your fingers move around. She grabs for them and makes a game of trying to get your fingers and put them in her mouth.
She is such a happy baby. We haven't started cereal yet, but we are thinking about doing it soon. She doesn't seem to need it now, and we figure, why give it to her if she doesn't seem to need it? When she turns 6 months though, even if she doesn't seem to need it, we will start cereal and veggies. I am very excited to see how she reacts to the veggies. I think she will love them!
She is scooting herself all over the place, and she completely turns herself around so she can see what she wants to see. She loves her toys and stuffed animals. She has this worm/bug thing that lights up and talks to her, and she loves it. It is her favorite toy. She is everything that I ever could have asked for and more. I love my baby. I love my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Give me some love!